Wisconsin Clean Cities leads the Drive Electric Wisconsin project. The project is part of Drive Electric USA, a partnership of U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities coalitions working to significantly advance electric vehicle (EV) adoption in their states.
The overarching goal of DRIVE is to substantially increase electric vehicle (EV) adoption rates across consumer and fleet markets in 14 states.
In addition to accelerating EV adoption, the project will advance state-of-the-art, innovative approaches to reduce interrelated EV market barriers and plans to create a “Replication Playbook” that other states can utilize to further their own initiatives.
The activities, outputs and outcomes in the project are built on seven “Priority Areas” of focused work:
- Create and strengthen branded, statewide “Drive Electric” programs in each state, and build capacity into those programs through funded time
- Educate consumers by developing multiple, local EV “chapters” in all states
- Directly engage and educate all of our utilities and regulators
- Advance infrastructure in all states via statewide corridor, regional and community EVSE planning, including a focus on limited-income communities
- Educate state and local government officials about EV policy best practices
- Engage dealerships & OEMS to develop state-based, preferred EV dealer programs including light-duty and medium/heavy-duty OEMs
- Significantly increase fleet EV adoption across many types of fleets and sizes of vehicles
The team’s goals are anchored in creating or strengthening state-based EV initiatives in the following 14 states (after each state, the Clean Cities Program that is leading that state’s efforts are listed):
- Alabama – Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition
- Colorado – Denver Metro Clean Cities Coalition
- Florida – Central Florida Clean Cities Coalition
- Georgia – Clean Cities-Georgia
- Kansas – Kansas City Regional Clean Cities
- Louisiana – Louisiana Clean Fuels
- Missouri – St. Louis Clean Cities
- North Carolina – Triangle Clean Cities
- Ohio – Clean Fuels Ohio
- Pennsylvania – Eastern Pennsylvania Alliance for Clean Transportation
- Tennessee – East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition
- Utah – Utah Clean Cities
- Virginia – Virginia Clean Cities
- Wisconsin – Wisconsin Clean Cities
Learn more about the national effort on the project website – www.DRIVEElectricUSA.org.